Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gotta love politics!

Did you all watch the first presidential debate tonight? I watched my tivo'd copy when I got home from the Weber State volleyball game tonight (Go cats! We beat Idaho State in 4). I thought this was a pretty good debate, but my vote will most definitely be for Obama. Now, I know most of my very conservative friends will have the exact opposite view from myself and that's okay.

I seriously can't stand John McCain. Doesn't he bug anyone else? I don't like listening to him speak and I really don't like watching his interactions with others. I was cringing throughout most of the debate. I know I tend to be a bit liberal, especially for a Mormon. I respect his service record, but I don't want him running our country. I may very well have voted for a republican if their nominee had been someone else, but not him. (Not that it really matters much who I vote for since I live in Utah.)

Oh, and can we discuss 5th from the bottom of their class at the Naval Academy VS. President of the Harvard Law Review? I love how McCain said several times during the debate that Obama didn't understand or didn't get it. Really? Really?

So, I don't like McCain. I'm sure this is a huge surprise for you all :)

I thought I would include this video of Matt Damon hating on Sarah Palin. I think it's funny. Disclaimers: #1 - I don't think that celebrities are smarter than anyone else, but they are entitled to their opinion and have the ability to share with a wider audience than we do. We share our opinions when allowed, even publicly via blogs and such so I think it's perfectly okay for them to do the same. #2 - I don't dislike Sarah Palin, but I certainly can't imagine her as the President.


And lets add this for good measure:

4 comments:

Heather said...

hes got a point

Dave said...

change we can belive in? I belive it is all crime against every American to have to listen to the media's view about how things should or should not be done. Obama is definately a fresh face while McLovin' I mean Mcain is an old worn out shoe, but not the type that is broke in so nice that you could never part with them, just the type that your grandpa gave you for your birthday and now he's dead so you can't just throw them out. Something you have to hold onto because its tradition.

Melissa said...

Damn liberal.

Kristin Sokol said...

That Matt Damon....he's a looker ain't he.