Friday, February 20, 2009

Week 1 update

Long, long week!

I felt like utter crap until Monday. Started feeling somewhat better Tues and Wed, and yesterday and today I've felt great! I get tired way easier than normal though :(

I'm finally able eat some meat, but it can't be dry or it will get stuck (not fun! but I've been very very careful). I got a rotisserie chicken from costso the other day; I pulled all the meat off and put small portions into sandwich, them into one big freezer bag, then into the freezer. Works great and it's not the dry chicken (that I love) that you get from baking it at home and worrying you're going to undercook it and poison someone. So what I eat mostly right now is a mix of refried back beans, cheese, chicken, sour cream and salsa. Yum! Now, really if I could get away with not eating, I would. But I have to if I want to be able to walk further than the bathroom without getting dizzy :)

What? This isn't what you were reading my blog for? So sorry! Onto the informational portion of my blog...

It has been 9 days since surgery and I have lost 22 lbs! Crazy, right? My outside hope before surgery was to lose 20 lbs by my birthday (tomorrow). Already done! I can only really tell in my face some and in my feet and ankles. My tummy is still somewhat swollen from surgery, so no real size changes there.

I'll have to post a full-length pic later, when someone is home to take a pic (I'm not sure how to set the timer on my camera, although I'm sure there must be one!). But here's a little something something to hold you over ...

Sorry, this is right after I woke up and it's hard to smile at a camera when you're alone and not feel like a complete dork...

I've always loved my feet and ankles(many of you already know this) and now they look slightly slimmer. Can't wait for capri season!

3 comments:

Scott said...

oh come on, you already have the skinniest ankles i have ever seen!!! glad you are feeling a little better. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! joy

Heather said...

bonnie! you look great! 22 lbs! thats awesome! We'll have to do some sexy hot pics of you in a few months!

glad you're feeling better...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday cuz! You look good! 22 pounds, wowee!