Sunday, July 13, 2008

For the birds ...

Misty & Dave's birds have moved on ... to my patio! A stupid pidgeon laid 2 stupid eggs on my patio. Then it and it's mate/partner/friend (????) started dropping off sticks and have moved on to make the most half-assed nest I've ever seen. They are now sitting on the eggs 24/7 ... on my patio at the gateway. You should see this stupid nest; it's like 3 inches from falling off the edge. Which I would like to happen. Is that mean? Now that there's actually this crappy little nest, I don't think I can chase the birds away and kick the eggs off the side. But I would like to. I just don't really want to wait for the little birds to hatch & grow up big enough to fly away. Plus, I'm sure I will be able to start a compost with bird poop if I let them stay. I'll post some pics soon.

What should I do?

3 comments:

Jen said...

LOL I HATE BIRDS! So it would not hurt my feelings if a strong wind came and knocked it off. Is that mean? I think i have some phobia of birds. At the park, there are these HUGE geese, and I run by them they scare me so bad!

Misty Moncur said...

You could arrange a providential accident...?

TIM & MISTY said...

Dang Bonnie... your ruthless! JK I don't like birds either. Birds and cat's are about equal to me (very low on the totem pole). I think it's hilarious how you talk about the "stupid half a" nest though. You crack me up. :)