Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Goodbye Utah, Hello California!

After 12 fantastic years, I am moving back to California in the morning. I've found great friends and jobs, finished college, and become a semi-responsible adult here. It's time for me to go home and put it all to the test!

I'm so excited to actually be a part of my nieces and nephews' lives, instead of someone they see a couple times a year and someone their moms force them to talk to on the phone. I'm excited to get to hang out with my dad and brothers regularly and to get to watch sports and movies with them. I'm excited to get to see my mom and 2 sisters more often and be able to do things and go places on a whim with them.

I'm excited for snow to be a choice and something I only have to drive 2-3 hours to get to (although, yes, I realize it's not of the same quality we have here in Utah). I'm excited for more rain in the winter (yes, I love it) and still plenty of winter days where could choose to wear capris and sandals. San Francisco at Christmas, bridges, bay water, ocean nearby. Home.

I'll add more to this later ...

9 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Oh, Bonnie, you have just made me so sad and so jealous! Good luck!

cheeks said...

REALLY?!?!?!? good luck with your move! That will be so great to be closer to the ones you love! i'll be excited to read about your new place and adventures!

Kristin Sokol said...

If you can't be with the ones you love, honey, love the ones you're with.

I honestly don't know what I am going to do with out you. I just can't make sense of it all.

This is not happening. Do you want to come over to the premiere of SYTYCD?

R + M said...

Hey Bon!

Good luck! It would have been fun to see you and give you a proper goodbye, but this will have to do. Keep us all updated on the life of Riley.

p.s. Kristin, I may come over and watch SYTYCD. Love that show!!

Ruth and Steve said...

Now that I live out--of-state, and away from family I can totally see the desire to move back home. Good Luck!

Justjenn said...

I wondered when you were moving!!! Now I can go to one place and see all my family!

Amber H. said...

Mindy told me the sad news of your departure! You will definately be missed, but I am sure you will be so happy! Good luck with the move, and keep posting so we can all keep up with you!

Саня said...

http://krugloe.blogspot.com/ новый блог

NineandVine said...

Updates!!! I know you are crazy busy in CA but how are you and how is CA treating you?