Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Life is like a box of chocolates ....

So, for anyone I haven't talked to in a while, this is what's up.

I FINALLY graduated from Weber State in May of 2007 and decided I was ready for some kind of a change. So, I decided to look for a new job. I initially was looking for an HR job in Salt Lake. I had a very good friend helping me through this process and a friend of hers suggested that I work at Fidelity Investments.

This sounded ridiculous! I could never possibly be a stock broker! They said it really wasn't that big of a deal or all that hard, so I figured it was worth a shot.
I started at Fidelity in July, took and passed my series 7 exam in November and am now a Mutual Fund Trader. I should start trading stocks next month, which is a little scary. This is definitely not where I saw myself 5 years ago, but I am really enjoying it.

I moved into an apartment at the Gateway in October and now have a 3 minute walking commute! Love it!!! I work a really crazy shift; Sat-Tues from 5pm - 3:30am. I know this sounds strange, but I actually really love it. I get to sleep in as late as I like and people who call their investment company in the middle of the night tend to be really interesting. This should give me time to write here too! Some nights are really slow and some are really really busy with people trying to set up trades in the market for the next day. Life is like a box of chocolates!

I miss my friends in Ogden and all of my former co-workers, but this new experience has been challenging and rewarding in so many ways.

I also got braces at the end of December. Anyone who knows me, knows that I've never really loved my teeth and have wanted braces for a long time. So, I finally went for it. Most definitely not the greatest experience of my life, but it will be worth it! I guess I'll have to post some pics on here :)

3 comments:

cheeks said...

Bonnie! Wow, it's so great to read what's going on with you....a ton has changed since we talked last! I never thought you would leave your old job, or Ogden for that matter! I think change is such a great thing. I was scared to death to come to Ohio and leave everything i was comfortable with behind. It has been a good move though!

You are such a big-wig now, dealin with the stock market! That is so cool, congrats on the graduation! That's so nice to have behind you! Guess what...we get to be bracey-face buddies! ha ha You need to post some pics ASAP! I get mine on Feb.11. Lucky us! TTYL---Jami---

cheeks said...

PS...how great to be downtown SL! Sounds fun...i would die for your "commute!" I'm driving 30 minutes of freeway to get to work now.

Kristin Sokol said...

How great to have so many new and exciting things going on in your life. What a great friend to help you score such a great job. It must be great to have friends who care about you and your future so much.

How fun with the braces too. I'm glad you are able to do what you want with your teeth.

Love you lots. Thanks for all you do for me.